Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I'm so blessed

Two nights ago I had the craziest dream I've had in a while. I dreamed that my teeth got really brittle and all fell out. Then in the same dream only like shots later I was left behind for my sisters wedding and stole my next door neighbors car and sped like crazy to the church. I was so scared about my teeth falling out that I woke up and ran to the mirror to make sure they were all still there. I also had to check with my husband, who assured, me that they were also all still there. I haven't had any crazy pregnancy dreams that I can remember, but this one was so vivid. I could just feel my teeth falling out. So that next morning I looked up what it means if you dream that your teeth are falling out. Apparently this is a common dream because I found several websites with meanings for this dream. Most of the websites wrote that if you dream that all of your teeth fall out, you are having insecurities about changes in your future. Well what do you know that sounds like pretty much everything going on in my life.....
I have not been scared or nervous one bit about having a baby, but the last couple of weeks I have become terrified. I know this is a common fear for new moms, but it is just starting to set in me. I am not really even scared about the whole birthing process, I'm more scared about the after process and that everything will be all right with this little girl that is going to be entering this world. I know all the tests say that she will be perfectly healthy, but I am still scared that something is going to go wrong or turn out wrong, not that I would love her any less.
I guess since I'm to the 32 week mark my fears are just now starting to hit me. My doctor says it will be 8 weeks or less and that is not a long time. We don't even have the bedroom finished because we won't receive the furniture until like 3 weeks before my due date. Though the room doesn't have to be finished, it would just help relieve my stress. Knocking things off the ever growing to do list is also a plus. We have almost completely finished the study! I am so lucky to have such wonderful parents to help put shelves up and surprise me with new organizational tools!
So now it's just two birthing classes, a nursery to finish, and showers thrown by friends and family! I can handle that right :)
Hopefully I don't have anymore dreams about losing my teeth or any part of my body because what little sleep I am getting needs to be good sleep!
I will try to post pictures of the nursery as it comes together for those that have been asking!

No comments:

Post a Comment