Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Christmas 2012

I truly cannot believe yet another Christmas has passed. I hate that my favorite time of the year goes by so fast. This year it seemed to go even faster. I really didn't think Christmas would be any different having a baby there but it sure was. We were lucky enough to have two Christmas's with both of our families. On Friday December 21st, my mom cooked a yummy dinner and my sister and I brought all of our crews to my mom's house for the evening. My mom has been telling Sarah and I not to buy the kids toys because they won't play with them that much and my mom bought Adelyn so many toys it was unreal! She got a storybook, a driving car, a tea set, lots of clothes and possibly her favorite, a pink rocking horse. Adelyn loves this horse--it makes noises and it cracks me up because Adelyn kicks her feet like she is riding the horse everytime she gets on it! It was so weird watching 3 babies attack the wrapping paper. Leighton was crawling over everyone trying to get the perfect peice of wrapping paper, Adelyn was rolling in the paper, and Easton sat there playing with this awesome music/drum set I got him. It is going to be so much fun when they are all walking and know how to open presents. Even though it wasn't Christmas yet, it felt just like Christmas at my mom's when we were little. She always goes above and beyond and I'm never dissapointed!
Early the next morning we made the drive to Hondo for Aelvoet Christmas!!!! Adelyn got to watch her daddy feed the cows for 2 whole days. She loved looking at the cows.We also got to play with her cousins Lynae and Lynette--they sure had fun together! I bought Adelyn the cutest Christmas outfit months ago and I couldn't wait to put it on her. She looked adorable (even though I didn't get one GREAT picture with her in it because she wouldn't smile). On Christmas Eve we went to the Catholic church with the entire Aelvoet crew. Adelyn decided to become quite the singer early in the service so we did the walk of shame to the cry room where she proceeded to sing even louder. Let's just say I was thankful when it was over! After the service we headed over to Rene's grandma's house for Aelvoet Christmas Eve!!! Adelyn had a blast. She actually fell asleep right before Santa appeared on the roof, but they did call out her name and tell her what she was getting for Christmas! Once we were all warmed up and back inside, Adelyn decided it was time to play again. She was the highlight of the party! She sat in the middle and danced and laughed as all of the cousins sang Christmas carols. She was loving all of the attention (shocker!). Matt drew Adelyn's name in the drawing and he gave her a super cute Texas Tech shirt with her initials on it and a red and black tutu---it's adorable! Adelyn gave her cousin Lane a wii game and he was so excited that he screamed when he saw it! Shortly after that it was Adelyn's bedtime!!!
Just as babies should, Adelyn woke up bright and early on Christmas morning! She spent the morning crawling over, through, and around all of the presents in the living room. She had an absolute blast opening her presents with her Grandpa! She got a new walker and lots of super cute clothes that we can't wait to wear! Christmas with Rene's family is always so much fun and I look forward to it every year!!!
Even though we had so much fun in Hondo we did have to go back home and return to normalcy. Rene had taken off the whole week through the day after New Years so we got to play! We went to Rain Forest cafe, shopping, and more shopping! We sure enjoyed having our daddy home with us! We enjoyed a quiet New Year's Eve with our week long guest, Adelyn's godmother, Jess.
Now that I am back at work and things have settled down I can't wait to start shopping for next year's Christmas! I know there is lots to come before then, but I've got lots of people to buy for so I have to start early!!!



P.S.- my new year's resolution is to do more pinterest projects.......so someone please encourage me to do this!

Something is wrong with blogger and won't let me post any pics.....I will post as soon as it starts working!

No comments:

Post a Comment